Looking to do more with your BBC micro:bit? Unlock its potential with this Edge Connector Breakout Board! This breakout board has been designed to offer an easy way to connect additional circuits and hardware to the pins on the edge of the BBC micro:bit. It provides access to all of the BBC micro:bit processor pins allowing a lot of extra functionality to be added. The datasheet (below) includes a helpful diagram explaining the function of every pin on the BBC micro:bit.
This Edge Connector Breakout Board for the BBC micro:bit gives access to all of the important pins on the bottom edge of the BBC micro:bit. 21 pins are broken out in total; providing additional I/O lines, direct access to buttons A and B, the LED matrix outputs and the I2C bus. Please refer to the datasheet below for more details.
The BBC micro:bit pins are broken out to a row of solderable pads. The SCL and SDA pins are separated at the edge of the board providing easy identification. The PCB includes a prototyping area with 3V, 0V and unconnected rows that can be soldered to. This allows the easy connection of switches, sensors and any pull-up or pull-down resistors etc. as required.
To use the breakout board the BBC micro:bit should be inserted firmly into the connector as shown below:
- This kit requires assembly.
- This kit requires soldering.
- This product is also available in a pre-built version.
- Breaks out 21 pins from the Edge Connector for the BBC micro:bit, allowing the connection of extra components to add new functionality.
- Dedicated prototyping area with 3V and 0V rows.
- Labelled pins and clear straightforward documentation.
- 1 x Edge Connector PCB for the BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x Edge Connector for the BBC micro:bit.